Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Moni Checks Out 'The Vagina Monologues' H-town Style

I had the pleasure of seeing for the first time ever a live performance of Eve Ensler's The Vagina Monologues Sunday night in which many of my friends and FB friends were involved.

It was ably produced and directed by Natalie 'Fox' Maisel in addition to being a sold out fundraiser for the Houston Area Women's Center.

Meagan Gillett and Veronika Simms were two of the cast members I knew going into the event, and Sheena Sunshine and Natalie 'Fox' Maisel are two of my FB friends involved in the production.


I also got to sit at a table in Blue by Massa's right by the wonderful group of ladies performing this play with Dee Dee Watters and Vancie Vega cracking me up at our table before it started.

It was an amazing evening of great food, fun, music and spending a few hours watching the production that at times, has moments besides the trans specific monologue that was performed by Veronika, that connect with girls like us.

I and the crowd, laughed, cheered, chanted, cried.and went into thoughtful mode as those various monologues were performed over the next hour and a half,  I also enjoyed talking to many of the cast members before and after the event and congratulating them on a job well done.

Brava once again Natalie 'Fox' Maisel, Julianna Alexander, Mary du Plessis, Anna Faro, Leslie Claire, Meagan Gillett, Monika LaBadie, Veronika Simms. Sheena Sunshine, Stephanie Fenton and Abby Buchold.

And thanks to my tablemates for making it an even more enjoyable evening and a wonderful way to spend a Valentine's Day .




No comments: