Tuesday, February 03, 2015

In Denver For CC15

Had a bumpy flight after takeoff from Houston and during initial descent into the Mile High City, but made it in one piece and I've finally arrived in Denver for Creating Change 2015! 

I'm chilling in my hotel room  and contemplating the fact it's the first time I've ever been able to attend back-to-back Creating Change events.

I'm looking forward to finding out who I will run into while walking the CC15 halls and seeing my TBLG family once again.

But in this one I'll probably won't be as busy because I get to simply participate in it instead of being part of the team making sure everything is running smoothly as was the case in Houston.

All the CC15 action will be taking place at the Sheraton Denver Downtown, and for the next several days the Mile High City will be the center of the United States LGBT human rights universe.

And that is an exciting thought to contemplate.

I have a facilitated meeting tomorrow, and I'm participating in two panels as part of the National Black Justice Coalition's second annual The Black Institute on February 5.   I will probably be out and about in the hotel talking to as many people as possible while I'm here for CC15.

Looking forward to meeting CeCe McDonald, who will be receiving the Paul A. Anderson Youth Award during this CC15 convening and seeing my Denver area friends..

So as usual when I'm at these conferences, I'll take some time to go back to my quiet room since I'm at the conference hotel and do a recap of the day's events for all of you who couldn't get to CC15.

Just an FYI, if you are wondering where next year's Creating Change will be if you're considering attending it, CC16 will be in Chicago..  

And the Chicago CC16 organizing team is probably praying they catch the same weather break that Denver seems to have gotten this year.

No comments: